- 6-8 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1/8 inch thick)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh thyme leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Brush a 9-inch cake pan with melted butter.
- Arrange a layer of sliced potatoes in the bottom of the pan, slightly overlapping each slice.
- Brush the potatoes with melted butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Repeat this layering process, brushing each layer with melted butter and seasoning with salt and pepper, until all of the potatoes are used.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes, until the potatoes are golden brown and tender.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing.
- To serve, run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the potatoes, then invert the pan onto a serving platter.
- Garnish with fresh thyme leaves, if desired, and serve hot. Enjoy your delicious Pommes Anna!