A gluten-free diet can be a challenge when it comes to finding delicious baked goods, but this orange and almond cake recipe is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. It’s moist, flavorful, and easy to make, with a perfect balance of sweet and citrus flavors. Plus, it’s naturally gluten-free, so you can indulge without worrying about any gluten-related issues. Here’s how to make it.
- 3 medium-sized oranges
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 9-inch cake pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Wash the oranges and boil them whole for 1-2 hours until they are soft. This will help to reduce their bitterness.
- Once the oranges have cooled, cut them into quarters and remove any seeds. Place them into a food processor and pulse until they are completely pureed.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until the mixture becomes pale and creamy.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, and salt to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the orange puree and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Bake the cake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Once cooled, remove the cake from the pan and place it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice the cake and serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a dusting of powdered sugar.
This gluten-free orange and almond cake is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional baked goods. It’s a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising on taste or texture. With its moist texture and citrusy flavor, this cake is sure to impress your friends and family. Give this recipe a try and enjoy a delicious gluten-free treat that everyone can enjoy!