- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, for garnish
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onion to the skillet and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until it becomes translucent.
- Add the grated ginger and minced garlic to the skillet and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the chopped green and red bell peppers to the skillet and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until they start to soften.
- Add the chicken pieces to the skillet and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes, or until they are browned on all sides.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables in the skillet, and stir until everything is coated.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the skillet, and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Garnish the ginger chicken with chopped green onions and serve hot with steamed rice.
Enjoy your flavorful Ginger Chicken!