- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C).
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat until just hot, but not boiling.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg yolks, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined.
- Gradually pour the hot milk into the egg mixture, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from curdling.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove the custard from the heat and pour it through a fine mesh strainer to remove any lumps or egg bits.
- Pour the custard into a baking dish or ramekins.
- Place the baking dish or ramekins in a larger baking pan and fill the larger pan with enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the dish or ramekins.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the custard is set but still slightly jiggly in the center.
- Remove the custard from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Chill the custard in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
Enjoy your creamy and delicious custard!