Oatmeal cookies that are free of refined sugar, but still deliciously sweetened with natural ingredients:
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 medium-sized banana)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the unsweetened applesauce, mashed banana, melted coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix well to combine.
- Stir in the chopped nuts (if using).
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to drop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Use the back of a spoon or your fingers to flatten the cookies slightly.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until they are lightly golden brown on the edges.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy oatmeal cookies that are free of refined sugar!