- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2-3 green chilies, sliced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup water
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion to the skillet and cook until soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, grated ginger, and sliced green chilies (if using) to the skillet and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the ground cumin, ground coriander, turmeric, paprika, garam masala, and salt to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until it is browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Pour in the can of diced tomatoes and water and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover the skillet and let the curry simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Season the curry with additional salt to taste and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or naan bread.
Enjoy your aromatic Garlic Chicken Curry!