- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and stir until well coated. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the skillet and cook for another 5-7 minutes, or until they break down and form a thick sauce.
- Add the marinated chicken and its marinade to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Serve hot with steamed rice or naan bread. Enjoy your creamy and flavorful Butter Chicken!