This is a recipe for a classic French Salad, also known as Salade Verte:
- 1 head of lettuce, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Tear the lettuce leaves into bite-sized pieces and place them in a large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper until emulsified.
- Drizzle the dressing over the lettuce and toss gently to coat.
- Serve the salad immediately, garnished with additional toppings of your choice, such as chopped tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, diced avocado, or crumbled feta cheese.
Enjoy your delicious French Salad!