Ginger biscuits are a classic British biscuit that is loved by many. The combination of sweet and spicy flavors makes them a perfect snack for any time of the day. However, for those who are gluten intolerant, finding a suitable recipe for ginger biscuits can be a challenge. In this article, we will explore the benefits of gluten-free ginger biscuits and provide a recipe for making them at home.
Benefits of Gluten-Free Ginger Biscuits
- Digestive Health
By using gluten-free flour in your ginger biscuit recipe, you can avoid the digestive issues that come with consuming gluten. This is particularly beneficial for those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, as consuming gluten can lead to long-term damage to the digestive system.
Gluten-free flour can be used in a wide range of baked goods, including ginger biscuits. By using gluten-free flour, you can enjoy the delicious taste and texture of ginger biscuits without any of the digestive issues that come with consuming gluten.
- Nutritional Benefits
Gluten-free flours such as almond flour, coconut flour, and rice flour are high in protein, fiber, and healthy fats. By using these flours in your ginger biscuit recipe, you can create a more nutritious and satisfying baked good.
Recipe for Gluten-Free Ginger Biscuits
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses and egg, and beat until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten them slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Let the biscuits cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Gluten-free ginger biscuits are a delicious and nutritious alternative to traditional ginger biscuits. They offer a wide range of benefits, including improved digestive health, versatility, and nutritional benefits. With this recipe, you can now make your own gluten-free ginger biscuits at home and enjoy this classic biscuit without any of the negative effects of gluten.