When the crisp autumn air sets in, there’s nothing more comforting than a warm, fragrant apple crumble. And if you follow a gluten-free diet, you can still enjoy this classic dessert with a few simple tweaks. In this article, we’ll share a delightful recipe for gluten-free apple crumble, made even better by using glass cookware. With its exceptional heat retention and reliable performance, glass cookware ensures your apple crumble bakes evenly, resulting in a tender and delectable dessert. So let’s dive into the steps and create a mouthwatering gluten-free apple crumble that will be a favorite among friends and family!
For the Apple Filling:
- 6 medium-sized apples (Granny Smith or any tart variety), peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour (such as rice flour or cornstarch)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the Crumble Topping:
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Preparing the Apple Filling:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sliced apples, granulated sugar, gluten-free flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice.
- Toss the apple slices gently until they are evenly coated with the mixture. Set aside while you prepare the crumble topping.
- Making the Crumble Topping:
- In a separate bowl, combine the gluten-free rolled oats, gluten-free flour, light brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the cold cubed butter to the bowl.
- Using your fingertips, gently rub the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Be careful not to overmix.
- Assembling and Baking:
- Transfer the apple filling to a glass baking dish, spreading it evenly.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the apple filling, covering it completely.
- Place the glass baking dish on a baking sheet to catch any drips and prevent burning.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 35-40 minutes or until the apples are tender and the topping is golden brown.
- Serving and Enjoying:
- Remove the apple crumble from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the warm gluten-free apple crumble on its own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for extra indulgence.
- Storing Leftovers:
- If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, simply place individual servings in the microwave or bake in a preheated oven at a low temperature until warm.
This delightful recipe for gluten-free apple crumble, you can savor the flavors of fall while accommodating dietary restrictions. By using the best glass cookware, you ensure that your apple crumble bakes to perfection, with a tender apple filling and a golden, crisp crumble topping. So gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and get ready to enjoy a comforting and irresistible gluten-free apple crumble that will bring joy to your taste buds.