This is a recipe for a classic French dessert, Clafoutis:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups pitted cherries or other fruit (such as plums, apricots, or berries)
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 9-inch pie dish with butter and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Gradually whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pie dish.
- Scatter the fruit over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the clafoutis is puffed and golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the clafoutis cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Dust the top with powdered sugar just before serving.
Enjoy your delicious Clafoutis!