This is a recipe for sugar-free applesauce that’s easy to make and tastes delicious:
- 8 medium-sized apples (any variety)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Peel, core, and chop the apples into small pieces.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the chopped apples with the water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan with a lid, and let the apples simmer for about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples are very soft and tender.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the apples cool slightly.
- Using an immersion blender or a food processor, puree the apples until you have a smooth and creamy applesauce consistency.
- Add the cinnamon and nutmeg (if using), and stir well to combine.
- Taste the applesauce and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Let the applesauce cool to room temperature, then transfer it to a container with a tight-fitting lid, and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy sugar-free applesauce as a snack or as a topping for pancakes, oatmeal, or yogurt!