- 4-6 thick slices of day-old sourdough bread
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Butter or cooking spray, for cooking
- Cut the sourdough bread into thick slices and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly.
- Let the bread slices sit in the egg mixture for a few seconds to absorb the liquid.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Grease the pan with a small amount of butter or cooking spray.
- Cook the bread slices for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crisp on the outside and cooked through on the inside.
- Repeat the process with the remaining bread slices, adding more butter or cooking spray as needed.
- Serve the Sourdough French Toast hot, topped with your favorite toppings, such as fresh berries, maple syrup, whipped cream, or powdered sugar.
Enjoy your delicious Sourdough French Toast!