- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Butter or cooking spray, for greasing the pan
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- Add the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and water until the batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- Stir in the melted butter and mix well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the batter rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (or up to 24 hours) before using.
- When ready to cook the crepes, heat a non-stick crepe pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Grease the pan with a small amount of butter or cooking spray.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the center of the pan and quickly tilt the pan in a circular motion to spread the batter evenly across the surface.
- Cook the crepe for 1-2 minutes on the first side, or until the edges begin to lift and the surface appears dry.
- Use a spatula to flip the crepe over and cook for an additional 30-60 seconds on the second side.
- Transfer the cooked crepe to a plate and repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding more butter or cooking spray as needed.
- Serve the crepes warm, filled with your favorite sweet or savory fillings, such as Nutella, fresh fruit, ham and cheese, or spinach and feta.
Enjoy your delicious French Crepes!