- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- Preheat your oven to 250°F (120°C).
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar, honey, and salt to the saucepan. Stir well until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the baking soda and vanilla extract. Stir until fully combined.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn in a large mixing bowl. Use a spatula to toss the popcorn until it’s evenly coated with the caramel.
- Spread the popcorn onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the popcorn for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to ensure it’s evenly baked.
- Remove the popcorn from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
- Break the popcorn into pieces and store it in an airtight container.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy caramel popcorn without corn syrup!