This a classic recipe for American chocolate chip cookies:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the center is set. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your delicious American chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk, or store them in an airtight container for later!